keskiviikko 21. marraskuuta 2012

Eat, Drink and Be Merry


Last weekend my sister and dad were visiting us from Finland ( /Denmark). Have to say that it was really something! I'm still trying to recover from all the eating, drinking, late evenings followed by way too early mornings and days full of sightseeing. Huoh. By the time they were leaving on Monday I was just feeling utterly and completely exhausted and it has taken me several days to get back to normal life... But even so, I really had a brilliant time! :) And all the sightseeing this weekend made me realize just how much I like it here in the UK. England is just such a beautiful country! 
View over the city of Bath.
Ida at the Stonehenge
Avebury henge
Beautiful Bath. :) And look at the sky!

On Sunday we went to Bristol. A nice city just 10 minutes away from Bath by train. It's funny how Bristol is supposed to be one of the rainiest places in England, but every time we go there the sun seems to be shining. :) I wish I could say the same thing about Bath, but here it has just been pouring down for the past few days...

Bristol Aquarium

And of course, since my dad and my sister were here on holiday we "had to" go out and have dinner at a nice restaurant every day... During this weekend I probably ate more than I normally would do in a week, but the food was just sooo good! Afternoon tea at the Pump room, true British pub food, French food, Italian food, Moroccan food, banoffee pie...you name it! And now I really have to eat just noodles and vegetables for the rest of the year...

So, all together it was a fun and eventful weekend! It actually made me a bit homesick and this week I'm been feeling a bit blue. But I guess that's partly due to the awful weather that we've been having this week...and also realizing that we only have a few weeks left until the end of this semester and a couple of scary deadlines...But next weekend we are finally going to London, so really looking forward to that!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti